Clear & Simple Stamps: August 2011 Release

Monday, August 1, 2011

Can you believe it's August all ready?  School will be starting in  just a few weeks for my kiddos.  Since it's the first of the month, you know what that means, a brand new set from Clear & Simple Stamps!!!  This set is called House Notes II (it coordinates with House Notes) and is my current obsession.  I am addicted to paper piecing that couch.  
This is the first card I made with House Notes II.  I chose patterned paper for the couch that actually looks like a design you would find on a couch.  I think that's my favorite part.  Before I paper pieced the couch, I stamped the image on kraft and outlined it with a gray copic marker.  It's hard to see but it really makes the image pop off the page.  With the sentiment "your couch awaits," I think this would be a great retirement card.
For the text strip on the side, I took one of the sentiment stamps and stamped it repeatedly moving it around a bit.  
Make sure you check out the Clear & Simple Stamps Blog to see all the Design Team creations.  They never disappoint.

Thanks so much for dropping by!  Have a fantastic day!!!
{Your Couch Awaits}
Stamps: House Notes II (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card StockPerfect Little Black DressKraft Like A RockStar (CSS)
Patterned PaperHattie (My Mind's Eye)
InkPerfect Little Black Dress (CSS)
AccessoriesFoam Dimensionals, Corner Rounder Punch, Stamping Sponge, 
Copic Markers: W3 (Warm Gray) 

6 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird August 1, 2011 at 8:13 AM  

Lovely! This would be a perfect retirement card and I love how you paper pieced the couch--it looks like you could sit on it.

Lori August 1, 2011 at 11:09 PM  

Fabulous! Love the paper pieced couch--the pattern's perfect--and the text strip you created.

Amber August 2, 2011 at 3:24 PM  

Ooooh! I love that you used that text on the side. I couldn't figure out what the heck to do with it! Well done, sister, well done:-)

Basement Stamper August 2, 2011 at 8:02 PM  

FAbulous, love the text strip you have on the side and love the navy/mustard colors.

Deanna August 3, 2011 at 11:47 AM  

Arg... I think I need this set!

Laurie August 6, 2011 at 10:26 PM  

OH I love this! That paper pieced couch is perfect! And a great color combo! You make amazing cards! Nuff said.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP