OCC Challenge - Vintage Style

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hello & Happy Halloween!!! Welcome to another challenge from Our Creative Corner. This week the challenge is to make a card or project with vintage style. Now, I'm more of a modern, clean lines sorta girl, so I thought this was going to be a difficult challenge. Well, it was surprisingly easy once I found the perfect papers to use, which are made by Graphic 45 and are called Domestic Goddess. The main image panel was cut from one sheet. The mat and corner edges are actually part of the paper. The sentiment "domestic goddess" was cut from another sheet. I joked with my hubby that he should give this card to me. Ha!
You can see in this close-up picture that the sentiment panel is curved. Now, head on over to Our Creative Corner and see what vintage style the rest of the design team girls have created and play along!


Have a wonderful weekend and stay safe!


{Domestic Goddess}

Card Stock: Kraft
Patterned Paper: Domestic Goddess (Graphic 45)
Accessories: Twill Tape (SU), Foam Dimensionals
Bookmark and Share

11 comments:

Melissa October 31, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

How neato! I love the look of this card! Great job!

Happy Halloween!

Lori Rider October 31, 2009 at 8:55 AM  

This is awesome - those papers are perfect and I love what you did with them!

LorettaL October 31, 2009 at 10:56 AM  

Dana, I love that vintage domestic goddess!!!! I adore Graphic45 and this card is a perfect highlight for it!

Wendy J. October 31, 2009 at 11:01 AM  

Very clever thinking Dana! Love the vintage paper! Great card!

LORi October 31, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

Love love love it!!!

Hugs ~ LORi BOYD

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie October 31, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

Very cool vintage card, Dan! I love Graphic45, have some and have been hording it! Great job, you'd never know you weren't a vintage kind of gal!

Mrs B October 31, 2009 at 11:32 PM  

Love your card! The paper is super!
CindyB

Joycelyn Pelkey November 1, 2009 at 9:06 AM  

This is just a perfect vintage card...I'm lovin' that image!!!

Silke Ledlow November 1, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

WOW - Dana - this is a fab vintage inspired card!!! The image is too cool and I love, love the sentiment!!! Hugs ~S~

Jennifer Meyer November 1, 2009 at 10:20 PM  

Beautiful card Dana, what a wonderful layout! Those papers are super fun and I LOVE the awesome design!

Hope you had a fun weekend ~ sorry to stop by so late!

Have a fun week ~ Hugs, Jennifer :)

Jenny Gropp November 5, 2009 at 12:46 PM  

This is so fun and totally vintage feeling. That image is great!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP