OCC Challenge - Color Combo

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hello friends! It's Saturday, so that means there's a new challenge at Our Creative Corner. This week is a color challenge and I will admit that I am not familiar with any of these colors. They are Handsome Hunter, Sage Shadow, Soft Suede, and Blush Blossom. You do not need to use these exact colors, anything close will work. I'm so glad Lori picked these colors. They were definitely challenging, but I love trying new things and am happy with how my card turned out.


I tore the edges of my paper and then ran my fingernail along the jagged edge to give it some dimension. The pearl that dots my "i" is actually Sage Shadow in color. It looks white in the picture.
Now, head on over to Our Creative Corner and check out what the other girls have done with this color challenge and then play along yourself! Have a great weekend!

{Grateful for You Friend}

Stamps: Friends till the end (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Handsome Hunter, Sage Shadow, Blush Blossom (SU), Kraft
Ink: Sage Shadow (SU)
Accessories: Buttons, Ice Green Pearl (Kaiser Craft), Corner Rounder Punch (EK Success), Hemp Twine (SU)
Bookmark and Share

11 comments:

Joycelyn Pelkey October 17, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

That tearing looks fantastic...awesome work with these colors!!!

Silke Ledlow October 17, 2009 at 10:22 AM  

Oh - Dana - this is sooo clever - awesome design!!! Perfect use of these colors!!! Beautiful card - my friend!!! Hugs ~S~

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie October 17, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

Nice work, Dana. Love the torn edges and the rounded corners and I'm always a sucker for string and buttons! You've got them all working together here to create a very cool card!

Wendy J. October 17, 2009 at 5:23 PM  

Wow Dana! Great card! So "out of the box"! I love how different it is from all the rest!

Mrs B October 17, 2009 at 7:09 PM  

Great card! I love your modern style!
CindyB

Lori Rider October 17, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

This is such a cool card - all the tearing is wonderful. It's something I don't remember to do often enough, and I love it in all these layers!

Melissa October 18, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

I never remember to tear my paper! Thanks for reminding me and inspiring me!!

Jennifer Meyer October 18, 2009 at 9:35 PM  

Beautiful card Dana, your torn layers is beautiful and the placement of colors is amazing!

Have a fun week! Hugs, Jennifer :)

Cassie October 18, 2009 at 11:33 PM  

absolutely awesome!!! one of my favs this week!
http://toptencreations.blogspot.com/

JazzyH October 19, 2009 at 8:45 AM  

I love the torn look.

Simone October 20, 2009 at 7:12 AM  

Spectacular!!! That tearing is absolutely beautiful!
Simone

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP