A {Cute as a Button} Card...

Thursday, April 19, 2012


I've seen so many ladies on the CSS DT making cards like this.  I just had to try my hand at it too.  All those buttons are a little tedious since they are each threaded with a sliver of gray card stock.  The whole time I was doing it, I kept hoping it would be worth all the trouble.  I'll let you be the judge.  I'm just not a person that can put a "naked" button on my card, it looks great on everyone else's cards, but looks half-assed when I try to do it.  KWIM?

I had a lot of fun with my scoring board on this one.  I think the diagonal lines look classy.  That little stamp that is replacing a button says "too cute".  I forgot to take a closer pic.
The sentiment panel is a label stamp, stamped in white and then cut out with scissors.  I stamped the sentiment and then attached it under the button panel. I like the little look of whimsy, which is so not like me, LOL.

I'm subbing today in my son's 1st grade classroom.  He is really excited about it.  Hoping for a smooth day all around!

Have a great day!

{Cute as a Button}
Stamps: Baby Sentiments, Party Elements: Baby (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: You're Such a Gray-cious Host, VIP Purple, Purplicious, A Blanc Check (CSS) 
Ink: Purplicious (CSS), White
Accessories: Glue Dots, Scoring Board (Martha Stewart), Stamping Sponge, Buttons, Foam Dots, Edge Distresser 

4 comments:

Nicki April 19, 2012 at 11:03 AM  

such a fun card - love the "too cute" mixed in among the buttons....just adorable! Have fun day subbing :)

Steph Zerbe April 20, 2012 at 5:28 AM  

Oh this is so cute. Love the Too Cute stamp mixed in there and the colors are darling.

Lori April 22, 2012 at 6:06 PM  

This is adorable! I'm impressed with your patience with doing all that cardstock threading!

whoistracy April 27, 2012 at 10:57 AM  

Love the buttons threaded with cardstock. Oh my gosh- that must have taken forever to do!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP