Happy Blog-Anniversary to Me!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Today is my official one year anniversary for my blog! I'm so excited to announce that I have landed a spot on the Dog Gone Stamps Design Team! Never heard of Dog Gone Stamps? Well, it's a brand spankin' new company with a bunch of adorable stamps. I was able to pick 6 stamps to work with over the next couple of months, then I get to pick some more!!! This hula hoop girl was a 'gotta have it' stamp. It reminds me of my little girl, Halle.

Dog Gone Stamps are sold individually and are not mounted on a wood block. Here's what they look like when you receive them. They are red rubber stamps that are deeply etched to leave a beautiful image.

They come with a paper-like backing that you will want to keep for storage.
They cling right to an acrylic block. They are not sticky at all and hold tightly to the block.
Here is a close-up. For those of you that follow my blog (thank you!), you are probably thinking that you haven't seen me color very much. Yes, this is definitely out of my comfort zone. In the past I have used sentiments and embellishments a lot more on my cards instead of images. I'm always at a loss when a card sketch calls for a large panel because I don't have big stamps to fill the area.
To color the hula hoop girl, I used Stampin' Up watercolor pencils and an aqua painter. What do you think? Also, the sentiment "Hoop it up!" (it was either that or "Hoop there it is!") was printed on my computer.
So, in honor of my One Year Blog-versary, I am putting together some blog candy!!! Nancy at Dog Gone Stamps has been gracious enough to donate some stamps for the give-away! Stay tuned for more details.

{Hoop it up!}

Stamps: Hula Hoop Girl (Dog Gone Stamps)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette (SU)
Patterned Paper: Cupcake Paper Pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Black Stazon
Accessories: Curly Label Punch (SU), Watercolor Pencils (SU), AquaPainter (SU), Scallop Edge Punch (SU), Dimensionals (SU), Light Pink Sheer Ribbon (Offray)

6 comments:

Jana M. February 10, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

She is super cute! Great card, Dana!

Jacilynn February 10, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

Very Cute. I love the sentiment. I look forward to getting to know you. Obviously we have stuff in common. wink
Jacilynn

Anonymous February 10, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

Oh I just love your card! I had to have Hula Hoop Girl, too - for the same reason! lol...beautiful coloring - congrats on the blogiversary!!!

Gina Lindsay February 10, 2009 at 2:26 PM  

Congrats on your blogiversary! Also for the design team, how exciting!! Love the Hula girl, she's very cute.

JenE February 11, 2009 at 6:02 PM  

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!!! Wow one year..went fast didn't it?!? Love reading your blog, seeing your work. Your hula-hoope gile is fantastic! Can't wait to see what you have in store for candy!

Cathryn February 12, 2009 at 10:19 PM  

Dana, Congratulations on your blogiversary.
Your Hula Hoop Girl is darling. I have to color mine one of these days. It is hard to choose, I love all of the stamps.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP