A {Let's Celebrate Grant} Card...

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!  If I had planned better (such is life, huh?) I would be sharing a Halloween card.  Instead I have a card I made over the weekend for my nephew who was baptized on Saturday.  Since I'm not religious, I don't have any religious quotes or cross stamps, so I just made do with what I have.  And who doesn't love a personalized card?
I used three different stamp sets here.  I masked the the center with a post-it note, trimmed to size.  Then I took my PTI Mehndi Medallion stamp set and stamped the middle sized medallions first (dark blue and green ink) and then I stamped two smaller medallions (turquoise and red ink).  It looked a little too evenly spaced and like it was missing something, so I took the large medallion and stamped it using light green ink all over the card so there were no empty spaces.  I took a blue ball point pen and traced along the post-it note to achieve the look of the frame, then removed the post-it note.
I used two Clear & Simple Stamp sets for the inside of the frame.  I spelled out GRANT using Alpha Varsity and colored the inside of the letters with a blue copic marker.  I stamped "let's celebrate" in red ink and then the only small medallion I didn't use on the border I stamped in green next to GRANT.


It's not religious but definitely suitable for a baptism.  My nephew was so adorable too!


Have a great day and have fun!!!

PS.  This card fit's this week's PTI Make-It-Monday challenge which is to create a background with your stamps.
{Let's Celebrate Grant}
Stamps: Alpha Varsity, Let's Celebrate (Clear & Simple Stamps), Mehndi Medallion (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar (CSS)
Ink: Green With Envy, Dare to Be a Diva Red, Simply Blue-tiful, Glamazon Green, Your Style Blue Me Away (CSS)
Accessories: Blue Pen, Post-it Note
Copic Marker: B93 

3 comments:

Nancy Guse October 31, 2011 at 6:36 PM  

Beautiful background, great choice of stamps and colors.

carol (krillsister) October 31, 2011 at 11:41 PM  

Cute card. Love all the colors. I like how you did his name.

Marybeth November 1, 2011 at 5:58 PM  

You did a nice job on stamping the background and its so nice when you can personalize cards.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP