Our Creative Corner - Inspiration Challenge

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hello!  I'm here bright and early with an inspiration challenge from Our Creative Corner.  I said I'd have something to share using stamping today, and I didn't disappoint.  I used a whopping three stamps sets on my card!  


The picture we are drawing inspiration from is on the left.  I took inspiration from the color scheme, the cranberries, and the bird.  I used some gray, warm red, kraft, and black.  I thought that my card was sort of soothing, so I decided to make it a sympathy card.  


I feel a little weird about making my bird black.  It looks like a crow and I have a feeling that that is somehow bad luck.  Hmm.  Not sure.  

I cut the wreath out free hand.  It was originally a circle and when I went to stamp the wreath, it was off-center.  Bummer, but I think it turned out okay in the end. 


Make sure you check out the talented group of ladies at Our Creative Corner.  They have some great samples to show you using the inspiration piece.  It's so interesting to how different each card is, even though we used the same inspiration.  


Have a wonderful weekend!!!
{With Sympathy}
Stamps: Wreath for all Seasons, Communique Sentiments (Papertrey Ink), Enjoy (American Crafts)
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar, You're Such a Gray-cious Host, On the Catwalk Cream, Perfect Little Black Dress (Clear & Simple Stamps) 
Ink: Creamy Brown, Warm Red (Colorbox)
Accessories: Distressed Stripes Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Foam Dimensionals, White Gel Pen (Sakura), Black Floss (DMC), Edge Distresser
Bookmark and Share 

5 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie January 8, 2011 at 1:15 PM  

What a lovely sympathy card! I like the black bird - that pop of black is the one bold feel to an otherwise mellow card. It's a great combination! Great job on this week's challenge, Dana!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Linda

Wendy Janson January 8, 2011 at 2:54 PM  

Dana, your post made me actually lol and that doesn't happen easily! I loved what you had to say about the bird!! This is a wonderful card with, yes, soothing colors. I love the cranberry wreath and the black bird is a good anchor so I hope it doesn't mean bad luck or something! Great job!

Lori Rider January 9, 2011 at 12:29 PM  

This is lovely, Dana - I don't know about the black bird being bad luck but it looks great on your card! Beautiful work!

Sarah Gough January 9, 2011 at 11:56 PM  

love it Dana! I think the black bird is great on your card!

Glenda J January 11, 2011 at 9:20 PM  

Beautiful! Great layout and I love the distressing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP