OCC Challenge - Color Challenge w/ a Twist

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hey guys!  We have a fun and unique challenge from Our Creative Corner for you today.  I've seen color charts before, but I've not made a card based on complimentary colors.  You can see the color chart to the left.  The challenge is to use three colors in order from the chart.  


For my card, I used three colors in the lower right quadrant.  I chose a medium blue, aqua blue, and green.  You can also use black and white. I love how the colors pop off the white card stock.  


I actually used three stamps from three different stamp sets. Each layer is popped up on foam dimensionals.  


Be sure to check out the other samples at Our Creative Corner.  You'll find lots of inspiration from all over the color chart.  

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

{You're a Lucky Star}
Stamps: Icons I, Icons Extras (Clear & Simple Stamps), Around & About Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Blanc Check, Glamazon Green (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Ink: Simply Blue-tiful, Green with Envy, Your Style Blue Me Away (Clear & Simple Stamps), Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Foam Dimensionals, Rhinestones (Kaiser Craft)

8 comments:

Nicki January 22, 2011 at 8:31 AM  

I absolutely love that color combo, and the way you stamped the stars - super cute!

Wendy J. January 22, 2011 at 9:21 AM  

Dana, this is wonderful! I love the colors you chose and they look great together! CAS and wonderful layout also. The rhinestones really add a pop to this card! Great job, Dana!

Lori Rider January 22, 2011 at 9:25 AM  

This is great, Dana - I love your stars on the white background - fabulous CAS card!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie January 22, 2011 at 9:59 AM  

Terrific job on the color challenge, Dana. You really stayed true to the analogous colors and they look wonderful together. Love that you put the bright colors on a solid white background - it really pops. This card just shouts "HAPPY".

Donna Huisinga January 23, 2011 at 12:47 PM  

Nicely done. I like the layout very much. Everything is lined up perfectly too.

Ryann January 23, 2011 at 7:09 PM  

Super cute card, Dana!

Sarah Gough January 27, 2011 at 5:33 PM  

I'm loving all your CAS designs Dana! Gorgeous!

LeroyLime January 28, 2011 at 12:25 AM  

Lovin' your clean and simple lines...this would make a great guy card (those are always hard for me to think up!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP