A {Happy Heart Day} Card...

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hello!  Today I'm playing along along with CPS's 200th Sketch!  I chose to use these papers because they were still sitting out on my desk from the card I made yesterday.  I just adore the colors of the Love Me Do collection by My Mind's Eye.
The stamps I chose are from Clear & Simple Stamps.  The hearts are from Icons I and the sentiment is one that I created using Icon Extras.  To get extra mileage out of my sentiments, I sometimes cut the words apart.  The word "heart" came from the phrase "from the heart". Since they are acrylic stamps, they are super easy to line back up on the block when you want to put the phrase back together.  


Today Colin celebrated his birthday at school and the clown cake pops were a hit!  All the kids loved them and said they tasted great.

PS.  I ordered an actual light box so I can take better photos of my cards.  They are so hit or miss lately.  The card today is totally cute and the photo doesn't do it justice.  Ugh.  Can't wait till it gets here.  I would love to consistently take good photos indoors.


Have a great day!

{Happy Heart Day}
Stamps: Icons I, Icon Extras (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Dare to be a Dive Red (CSS)
Patterned Paper: Love Me Do (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Dare to be a Diva Red (CSS)
Accessories: Corner Rounder Punch, Light Blue Rhinestones (Kaiser Craft ), Stamping Sponge, Foam Dimensionals, Red Rhinestones Strip (Michaels)

2 comments:

Nicki January 14, 2011 at 10:57 AM  

Super cute card Dana and MME papers are adorable! You may want to look at photo editing software. That can help add or take away light on a photo. I personally swear by Aperture from Apple - it has saved many a photos! :)

Basement Stamper January 14, 2011 at 5:07 PM  

Very cute card, love the papers you used and the image against it. I have a light box, still hit or miss, but I'm with Nicki, using a photo editing software works wonders with light levels.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP