#DrawnTogetherForCT

Friday, December 21, 2012

Hey friends!  If you are part of the crafting community you may have already heard about the #DrawnTogetherforCT project that my friend Amber Kemp-Gerstel is spear heading.  If you have not already heard about it, let me fill you in.  Amber is a Child Psychologist by day and an amazingly talented crafter by night.  We were all heart broken when tragedy struck Sandy Hook Elementary last Friday and I know I felt the strong urge to help out in some way, but how?  How can I have a direct effect on the children of Newtown, CT?  That's where Amber jumped in with both feet with a plan.  She is collecting crafty items (markers, card stock, glue sticks, stamps, etc) to put into art kits to send to the many places that have programs set up for the kids affected.   Amber is also accepting monetary donations to pay for supplies and shipping.

Amber suggested making a card for the kids to include in each art kit that is made.  I made 12 cards using Little Critters and Critters Sentiments.  They are purr-fect for kids!  Just a little something to let them know that somebody out there is thinking of them.
I made two types of cards, one says "with LOVE for you" and the other one says "PURR-FECT in every way".  Inside I wrote a note saying "You are special today and every day. " The cat's body is colored with a copic marker (W5) and the nose as well as part of the sentiment used a fuchsia colored sharpie marker.  There are little clear gems on the eyes.
For quite some time now I've had a massive pile of craft items I wanted to sell.  Most of them were from magazines in exchange for having a card published.  Most was not my style at all.  #DrawnTogetherforCT was the perfect opportunity to get rid of these things.  It's a win/win.  I get some space and kids get some crafty goodies.
It's hard to see everything in there, but that box is packed with LOVE.  It was so fulfilling to participate in this project.  I hope you are able to contribute a little something.  Amber, this box of LOVE is headed your way!!!

Have a great day!

{#DrawnTogetherForCT Cards}
Stamps: Little Critters, Critters Sentiments (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar (CSS)
Ink: Perfect Little Black Dress  (CSS)
Dies: Little Critters (CSS)
Copics: W5 
Accessories: Foam Dots, Clear Gems, Fuchsia Sharpie Marker

2 comments:

Amber December 21, 2012 at 4:15 PM  

Thank you so much, Dana!!!! I loved this post and I'm excited for your package to arrive! It's like Santa's workshop over here and everyday I'm getting mail from the elves!!

Clear and Simple Stamps December 23, 2012 at 8:53 PM  

This is great Dana! Love to see crafty supplies being put to great use. The kids will love your critter cards! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP