A {Happy Holidays} Card...

Thursday, December 20, 2012


Things sure do get crazy this time of year.  I vowed to get all of my shopping and wrapping done before my kids started winter break.  I actually stuck to this and therefore have not posted much on the blog lately.  Like last year, I also vowed to not buy any gift cards.  I like a challenge I tell ya.

I bought a gift for my husband that is a Groupon and I don't just want to hand him a piece of paper so I made this card this morning.  I used my silhouette a lot since he did by that for me for Christmas two years ago.  I thought architecture was pretty masculine, so that's where the whole I idea of the window came from.  The tree is on the inside of the card, that's why it's photographed with the card closed.
I created "siding" for my house by using my Martha Stewart scoring board.  I sponged the score lines and edges with brown ink to make the "siding" more noticeable.  I think overall this card has a vintage/shabby chic look.  Is it possible to be shabby chic and masculine?  I'm not sure.
 You can see a bit of the dimension is this above photo.
And here's the lone tree on the inside.

I'd like to post some more over Christmas break (I have one post scheduled already) but I'm not making any promises.

Have a great day!

{Happy Holidays}
Stamps: Stylish Sentiments: Holiday (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar, Glamazon Green, Pressed Greige Linen, Gray-cious Host (CSS)
Ink: Dish All the Dirt Brown (CSS)
Accessories: Silhouette, Foam Dots, Stamping Sponge, Scoring Board (Martha Stewart)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP