CSS Group Project! New Colors!!!

Tuesday, November 13, 2012


Good Morning!  I've been waiting for this day for quite some time, I'm finally able to share the NEW COLORS that  Clear & Simple Stamps is releasing today.  The design team is hosting a gift exchange and we are each focusing a NEW COLOR.  The color that I chose to work with is ROUGE RUFFLES.  It's red with a little brown mixed in, like an earthy red.  I love it!  

Here's a message from Clear & Simple Stamps regarding these exciting changes: 
Clear and Simple Stamps has made the choice to "go green" and revitalize the CSS current color line. You will see a few new colors and some vintage colors no longer being offered, in an effort to provide product made from renewable contents. All of the color coordinated products are made in the USA. The paper comes from mills that practice responsible, sustainable forestry while manufacturing the highest quality paper products on the market. These mills are powered by renewable energy sources, and our paper products are made of 100% recycled content with 30% PCW (post-consumer waste). We are very pleased to announce our commitment to incorporate environmental practices into our daily crafting.
These new colors don't just include card stock and ink, they also have coordinating envelopes (two sizes) and some have gift wrap.  Rouge Ruffles does not have a coordinating Gift Wrap, so I used the new Kraft Like a Rock Star gift wrap.  I love it!  The perfect weight for wrapping gifts and it accepts ink beautifully.  


Onto the details about my project:
For my card, I created two panels with a space in the center for some falling leaves using the stamp set Leaflets and coordinating dies.  I used Rouge Ruffles card stock to line the two panels, and Rouge Ruffles ink for some of the leaves and the sentiment.  The card is sitting on top of a coordinating Rouge Ruffles envelope.  I replicated some of the leaves along one of the edges so it would coordinate with my card.
Here's a close-up of the card.  You can see the subtle Distressed Linen background that I stamped using From an Anonymous Source watermark ink.  
I am the most excited about my present!  I replicated the background from the card on my gift wrap, just using Rouge Ruffles ink this time.   The bow that sits atop the gift was made using Rouge Ruffles card stock!  It's the first time I've ever made a gift bow!  It was pretty easy.  The trick to using card stock is to run each strip through your fingers to get it to curve on its own before you start manipulating it.
My tag looks like a sugar cookie!  This is a recipe I discovered last year when my kids and I made Christmas Ornaments.  Here's the recipe:  
--------------------
1/2 C. Salt
1/2 C. Warm Water
1 C. All Purpose Flour

Mix all ingredients, roll out dough.  Use cookie cutters to cut into desired shapes and use a straw to create a small hole to thread string through, transfer to a cookie sheet.  I like to roll my dough out directly on the cookie sheet so I don't have to worry about the dough getting out of shape when I move them.  If you want to stamp on your tag/ornament do this now.  You can also paint on them afterwards.  Bake at 250* for about two hours until they are hardened.
------------------

You'll have to check out the following designers to see all the colors being released today!  Have fun blog hopping!




Have a great day!

{Thank You Gift Ensemble}
Stamps: Leaflets, Distressed Linen, All Occasions 1, Well Preserved Jars Extras (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Rouge Ruffles, Kraft Like a Rockstar, On the Catwalk Cream (CSS)
Ink: Rouge Ruffles, Dish All the Dirt Brown, From an Anonymous Source (CSS)
Dies: Leaflets (CSS) 
Accessories: Kraft Like a Rockstar Gift Wrap, Rouge Ruffles Envelope, Twine/Rafia, Foam Dots, Glue Dots, Salt Dough Tag

6 comments:

Steph Zerbe November 13, 2012 at 7:03 AM  

Oh what fun my kids would have with this dough. Thanks for sharing the recipe. LOVE the tag you made. The card technique is so cool and the background stamps looks great on the coordinating wrapping paper!

Unknown November 13, 2012 at 12:14 PM  

Love how you stamped the gift wrap and your cool dough tags!

whoistracy November 13, 2012 at 3:14 PM  

How fun Dana!! Love the bow you made.

Elena November 13, 2012 at 4:05 PM  

Oooh, I love the negative strip where you tucked in your leaves - that's so pretty!

Jennifer Rzasa November 13, 2012 at 4:36 PM  

Awesome! Your card is absolute genius, and I adore the rest of the ensemble as well!

Lori November 13, 2012 at 10:12 PM  

This is fabulous, Dana! Love the handmade bow and the dough tag--too cool!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP