An {I am blue without you} Card...

Friday, November 2, 2012

Hi there!  Happy Friday!  We are getting ready for a big event for my son's class tonight.  Excited that it's finally here but glad it will be over so I can stop worrying about it.  I hope the skies are clear (unlike today's card) because we are spending the night looking at the stars!

For my card today, I used some of the newly released stamps from CSS's Collection 5.  I used the background stamp Comic Book to create a rainy background.  I did not mask the open space where the sentiment was placed, I simply stamped above and below the sentiment.  

I die cut and stamped some clouds using Clouds Combo and arranged them so they were hanging over the edges, then trimmed them flush with the edge.  
It's kind of odd for me to create a card with layers that are not popped up on foam dots.  But I don't think that would have been a good look for this card.   What do you think?

Thanks so much for sharing part of your day with me!  I hope you all have a great weekend!!!  

{I am blue without you...}
Stamps: Comic Book, Cloudy Days Sentiments, Clouds Combo (Clear & Simple Stamps) 
Card Stock: Trendsetter Blue, A Blanc Check (CSS)
Ink: Your Style Blue Me Away (CSS)
Dies:  Clouds Combo (CSS)

1 comments:

Lori November 4, 2012 at 8:06 AM  

Love the mix of blues here. I think it works just fine without adding dimension from foam dots.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP