CSS Group Project!!!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012


Today we get to share our group projects!  I just knew I'd want to use the new alpha dies no matter the theme.  This month's challenge was to make two cards,  a boy version and a girl version.
If you can't tell , the yellow and gray card is masculine (I think yellow is gender neutral, right?).  Plus, the black and gray houndstooth pattern in the background makes it even more masculine.

How I did it: I cut the pink and yellow card stock to 4" x 5", arranged the dies how I wanted them on the card and ran them through my cuttlebug making sure not to lose the little inside piece for the letter "A".  I wanted the letters to be arranged the exact same way on each card, so before I removed them from the card stock, I put a piece of tape over the six letters and picked them all up at one time and then put them on the next piece of card stock.  The tape ran through the cuttlebug along with the dies and I was able to slowly peel it off.
Before attaching the front panel to the card, I stamped a background from Designer Lines in black ink on the card base and stamped the sentiment on the front panel.
When I attached the die cut panel to the card base I used foam dots for added drama.  You'll want to attach the center of the "A" at this time using a foam dot as well.
You won't want to miss what the rest of the deigned team has in store for you!  Check them out here:


Have a great day!

{Thanks, You Are Amazing}
Stamps: Designer Lines, All Occasions 2 (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Say Yellow to All Your Fans, Simply Blue-tiful, Coral Necklace, You're Such a Gray-cious Host (CSS)
Ink: Perfect Little Black Dress (CSS)
Dies: Uppercase Alpha (CSS) 
Accessories: Foam Dots

5 comments:

Basement Stamper May 8, 2012 at 8:41 AM  

Great cards, like the pattern behind the letters.

Steph Zerbe May 8, 2012 at 12:45 PM  

oh these are so fun!

whoistracy May 8, 2012 at 8:50 PM  

So cute! Love the patterns in the negative areas. I need to remember to try this.

Lori May 8, 2012 at 10:30 PM  

These are great, Dana! Love the patterns peeking out from inside the letters. Thanks for sharing your tip for getting the same spacing on each card, too.

Jennifer Rzasa May 10, 2012 at 2:54 PM  

Love your negative die cutting...looks great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP