Paper Maniac Wednesday - How to display your holiday cards

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hello! It's Paper Maniac Wednesday here on my blog and I have a quick and easy project to share with you. Every year I want to display the holiday cards we receive, but I've never really found a way I liked. We used to have a wreath that held all the cards, but you could only see the cards in the front. Last year I hung a string and folded the cards over the string, but that only worked well for cards that opened from the bottom. I wanted a way to display every kind of card, especially those photo cards that are so popular. Anyway, here's what I came up with.I bought a 50 pack of wooden clothes pins at Wal-mart for about $2. I covered the clothes pin fronts with some scrap patterned paper (I used Imaginsce's Polar Expressions) using Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue. Once it was dried, I used an x-acto knife to trim around the edges. I also quickly sanded the edges. (At this point, you could really make these clothes pins fancy. I knew mine would be up sorta high, so I didn't want to spend much time on details no one was really going to see). If you were going to add some details, I think these buttons and these snowflakes would look great.
I took a long piece of twine and tied it from one curtain finial to the other leaving some slack. You could really use any kind of string or even ribbon that was strong enough to hold all your cards.
Now you are ready to hang all of those holiday cards. You can space them out however you like. If I run out of room (fingers crossed I do!), I have a valance in our kitchen where I can put another line of twine.
I hope you enjoyed today's project. Make sure you check out the Paper Maniac Store for lots of holiday sales. While you're there, sign up for the newsletter to receive an additional 15% off your order.


{Clothes Line Card Display}

Patterned Paper: Polar Expressions (Imaginisce)
Accessories: Mono Aqua Liquid Glue (Tombow), Clothes Pins, Twine
Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

Jenny Gropp December 26, 2009 at 7:54 PM  

Love your clips and string display!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP