OCC Challenge - Holiday Cards

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Welcome to another Saturday challenge from Our Creative Corner. This week, Jenny Gropp challenged us to make a holiday card (any holiday you want). I've seen a lot of cards lately using buttons as ornaments and thought I would try it out for myself. I love the end result, but I would not want to make 10 (or more) of these. There's a lot of intricate work involved like tying those little bows, measuring out the spacing, and threading the buttons. I cheated and glued my bows into place. So much easier that way with the same effect.
I hope you are all enjoying your weekend and can squeeze in some crafty time. Head on over to Our Creative Corner and check out all the holiday cards from the design team. I hope you can play along with us!


{We Wish You a Merry Christmas}

Stamps: Signature Christmas (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Floss (DMC), Tombow Mono Aqua Glue, Christmas Buttons, Christmas Striped Ribbon, Glue Dots
Bookmark and Share

9 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie December 12, 2009 at 8:26 AM  

I LOVE your card Dana. It is so cute, yet simple. I am really starting to love the Kraft card stock and it looks terrific with the bright colors and the sentiment stamped in white. Great job on this week's challenge!

Lori Rider December 12, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

Dana, this is adorable! I love the button ornaments. I know what you mean about the tying, though! It was definitely worth the effort for this card.

Joycelyn Pelkey December 12, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

I LOVE this...those button decorations are AWESOME!!! Fantastic card, Dana!!

Jenny Gropp December 12, 2009 at 11:34 AM  

Simply delightful! Love the square button turned on end!

Wendy J. December 12, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

Very cute, Dana! I love the use of the buttons! Wonderful!

Silke Ledlow December 12, 2009 at 5:56 PM  

AWESOME CARD - Dana!!! Love all the buttons & the floss!!! Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

The Ossege Family December 12, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

Soooooo CUTE!!! I am already looking forward to making my x-mas cards for next year and I haven't finished this years' cards... ha ha!

I like the little square button :)

Jennifer Meyer December 12, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

Gorgeous card Dana :) I LOVE the hanging button ornaments and the beautiful colors!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Simone December 14, 2009 at 11:28 AM  

Simple style, but very striking and impressive!
Simone

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP