TECC22 & a baptism card

Sunday, June 29, 2008

This first card was made for our God Daughter, Reagan. We are going to her birthday party today as well as celebrating her brother's baptism (see card below). I used Taylor's Cupcake Challenge for the layout or Reagan's card. I loved Taylor's sample card, so it's pretty much a CASE. This was my first attempt at an awning card and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I used dimensionals under both layers of the awning to pop it out a bit. I masked the cupcakes and used just two since it's Reagan's 2nd birthday.

Stamps: cupcake (Michaels $1), just for you (michaels $1 acrylic)
Card Stock: Whisper White (SU)
Patterned Paper: all other paper from Urban Oasis Paper Stack from ATD
Ink: Basic Black, Green Galore, other bold bright stampin' spots used with aqua painter to color the cupcakes
Accessories: coluzzle, circle punch, aquapainter, pastel pink grosgrain ribbon (offray), pinking sheers, dimensionals.

This card is for Braden's baptism. I used a masking technique on this one as well. I cut out the shapes with my new Coluzzle, adhered a cross shape and sponged ink all over the oval. Remove the cross and voila! The hardest part was getting Braden's name to line up perfectly.


Stamps: Swirls (Autumn Leaves), Acrylic Alphabet Stamps (Studio G- Michaels $1)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Buckaroo Blue (SU)
Ink: Night of Navy (SU)
Accessories: Silver Brads, Flower Punch (EK Success), Sponge, Coluzzle, Cross Template

2 comments:

Stephanie Hargis June 29, 2008 at 8:56 PM  

Wait...you found those amazing stamps at Michael's in the dollar bin??? I look there all the time and I never have such great finds! :D I am going to have to do some serious looking next time I visit a Michael's! By the way, your card is fantastic! I just found your blog (through your post on Taylor's) and I am blown away by your cards! I am subscribing for sure! :D

Taylor June 30, 2008 at 2:39 AM  

Sooo cute! Love your cupcake creation! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP