Girls Night In

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Happy Sunday! Last night we had a girls scrapping night at my SIL Carrie's house. It was so much fun and I stayed there sooo late! It was so nice to be out with other adults, I can't even begin to tell you how much I needed that. I really did get a lot done, but most of it was for the card shown above. I am making 40 (yes, 40!) Thank You cards to give my uncle as a retirement gift. It's pretty tricky making a masculine card. It needs to by clean and simple. It also needed to be super easy since I need to make 40. BTW, his last name starts with an "H". Most of last night was spent cutting and punching. I did get to play a little with my new Cuttlebug (!!!!) and make one more card I will post later this week.


In a weird twist of fate, this card matches Taylor's Cupcake Challenge for this weekend. I've had this card planned for weeks, so it really was an amazing coincidence. The "H" came from a sheet of stickers from my local $1 store!!! But, they weren't $1, but 4 for $1. AND each sheet had about 50 stickers on it. I'm definitely going back to get more.Here's a pic of the madness from last night. Thanks Carrie for being such a great hostess! I enjoyed every second of it!


Card Stock: Whisper White & Basic Black (SU)
Patterned Paper: Black and White Stripes (DCWV)
Accessories: Circle Punches, H Stickers (Bellisimo)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP