Wedding Cake Card

Monday, July 7, 2008

Hey guys! I made this card after reading the latest issue of PaperCrafts. I already had the idea of incorporating paint chips (those little cards with all the colors on them you get at the paint store) into my cards. I thought it would be cool to punch out a bunch of flowers all in the same hue and make a bouquet or something. Then I saw this cake card on page 83 and saw the wedding cake card. I love this idea. I also sewed (half-hazardly) around the perimeter of the card. This is a skill I still need to hone. I included a close-up picture so you can see the 3-D effect of the flowers. I can't wait to play around more with paint chips. The best part is that they are FREE!

Stamps: Warm Words (SU)
Card Stock: Whisper White as the base (SU)
Patterned Paper: textured purple (from my stash, no idea who makes it)
Ink: Whisper White (SU)
Accessories: Thread, Sewing Machine, Flower Punch (EK Success), Silver Brads, Purple Paint Chips

1 comments:

Sonia July 23, 2008 at 8:18 AM  

Beautiful card, love the color and the flowers. Good Job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP