CSS Group Project: Xmas in July!!!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012


Hey there!  Today the Clear & Simple Stamps Design Team and I are celebrating Christmas in July!  About this time of year is when most scrappers and card makers start to work on their annual holiday cards.

Using the new stamp sets that were just released, I wracked my brain to somehow come up with a Christmas card even though none of the sets I chose had anything remotely Christmas-y.  Somehow this idea of taking an image from Background Basics 2 popped into my head and it was perfect!  I used the criss-cross image that has five crosses, I stamped it in green five times, and cut out the appropriate amount of crosses and then a brown one for the tree stump.  I love how this turned out, especially after adding the yellow sunburst behind the tree instead of a star on top of the tree.
 Here's the card by itself...
 And here is a cute treat bag I made with tags using the same stamps, just in a different way.
I can't wait to check out what the rest of the design team created!  You can check them out here:


Have a great day!

{Merry Christmas}
Stamps: Background Basics 2, Trendy Tags 2, Holly Jolly, Sunburst (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar, Glamazon Green, A Blanc Check (CSS)
Ink: Glamazon Green, Say Yellow to All Your Fans, Dish All the Dirt Brown, Dare to Be a Diva Red (CSS), White
Dies:  Tags 2, Party Favor 1 (CSS)
Accessories: Red/Green/White Twine, Foam Dots, Edge Distresser

3 comments:

whoistracy July 17, 2012 at 3:34 PM  

This is fabulous Dana! I was having the same problem, too- none of my sets were Xmasy, either. Love how this turned out though.

Lori July 17, 2012 at 10:42 PM  

Dana, this is perfect for the challenge! Love your creative use of the background stamp to make a tree.

Steph Zerbe July 24, 2012 at 11:41 AM  

Awesome and creative! I love this card too, especially how you made it xmas like. Brilliant!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP