A {Nuts About You} Ensemble...

Friday, June 15, 2012


I have lots of photos today!  I created this Father's Day ensemble using two ideas.  First, the main inspiration came from this project I saw on Pinterest.  For some reason you can't get to the actual post, so I just used that photo as inspiration. The inspiration for the cards came from this set created by my friend Simone Pursiful.  I originally came across her cards when I was searching for ideas for using A Guy Thing stamp set since that includes a Happy Father's Day stamp.  
So, all these gifts aren't for one person, they are for three.  The BIG jug of peanuts and one of the cards is for my hubby (from the kids) and will accompany another gift.  The other two cards and small bags of peanuts are for my Dad and my Father-In-Law, which will also go with another larger gift.  
Here's a closer look at the jug.  It was originally filled with pretzels.  I created a band around the middle using one piece of card stock cut down the middle.  I designed the oval panel on my Silhouette.  I adhered a piece of cork behind the letters.  The peanut is an image from the Silhouette store.  It comes in two pieces so you can layer them for a more realistic look.  
Here's a pic of Halle with the jug-o-nuts so you can get an idea of how big it is.  Unfortunately this will only last about two weeks in our house.  
Here's a look at the card up close up of the card.  The peanut is popped up on foam dots.  I totally forgot to snap a picture of the inside of the card, it just stamped "Happy Father's Day"
And if that wasn't enough, I have a card featured today on the Clear & Simple Stamps App!  Here's a sneak peek:


Have a great weekend!

{Nuts About You}
Stamps: A Guy Thing (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Brown Leather Satchel, Glamazon Green, Kraft Like a Rockstar, A Blanc Check (CSS)
Ink: Perfect Little Black Dress (CSS)
Dies:  Tag Dies (CSS)
Accessories: Cork, Silhouette Personal Cutter, Fine Tip Black Pen & Ruler, Foam Dots, Sheer Ribbon, Peanuts, Clear Bags, Jug 

3 comments:

Simone P. June 16, 2012 at 11:08 AM  

These came out great!

Patricia Folchert June 18, 2012 at 9:09 PM  

What a cute gift combo! So much fun for a man's gift. I found you via Moxie Blog Roll, have a great day!

Lizzie Laine July 1, 2012 at 12:29 PM  

Dana,
Such a great idea for reusing the pretzel jug, and those peanut cards are just too cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP