An {Elf Quote} Holiday Card...

Monday, December 12, 2011

Hello!  I hope this finds you all well and rested from the weekend.  I have a simple card to share with you today.  I love making one layer cards but find them to be frustrating.  I think I like the challenge and the zero margin of error that comes along with one layer cards.
This sentiment is a quote from the movie "ELF" and I love it!  I think I've only seen the movie once but I love this quote.  The original sentiment has a solid line on both sides of the word "is", and I just extended that line and made a few of my own lines. I think it looked good with just the sentiment and lines, but I thought it needed a little something, and that is the frustrating part.  Did I go too far, is it just right?  Hmmm.

I've been hard at work on this year's Christmas cards, all 80 of them!  There's one part that is very time consuming and it's the silver embossed sentiment--for 80 cards!  I'm crazy!  I think I have about 25 done.

Have a great day!

{Elf Quote Card}
Stamps: Stylish Sentiments: Holiday (Papertrey Ink), Taglines (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar (CSS)
InkPerfect Little Black Dress, Dare to Be a Diva Red (CSS)
Accessories: Black Pen, Ruler, Clear & Red Rhinestones

2 comments:

reeree62 December 13, 2011 at 10:35 PM  

Possibly THE best Christmas stamp ever created!!! Wish it were a single stamp, but I may just have to purchase the set, just for that one stamp!!!
Beautiful card!!! :o)

reeree62 December 13, 2011 at 10:37 PM  

PS... no, you didn't go too far... the card is awesome!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP