Thank You...

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Don't let this picture fool you.  It's thunder-storming here today and we are expecting rain through Saturday.  When I went to pick Colin up from school this morning, water was over the main road in three places!

For today's card I went straight to the sketch challenge at SCS, took one look and ran away.  You see, I have some weird phobia about crooked elements on my cards.  Everything needs to straight.  So, I went blog surfing in search of the perfect layout.  The one I ended up using is from Taylored Expressions, TESC112.
 I was able to use some paper from the Basic Grey collection, Origins.  All the papers I like get used up right away and then I'm left with a bunch of just so-so papers.  Both of these prints are a little too busy for my taste.  I diluted the paper in the background by using some solid card stock over it.  I then used the super busy floral print as a focal point.  I don't think I could have ever made that work as a background piece.

Anyway, thanks for putting up with my rambling today.  I'll be back bright and early tomorrow with a project for Paper Maniac.

{Thank You}
Stamps: Communique Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Ripe Avocado (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Origins (Basic Grey)
Ink: Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink) 
Accessories: Coluzzle, Black Brads (Making Memories), Foam Dimensionals
Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

Bonita Rose May 12, 2010 at 6:01 PM  

I personally love this card... love the big circle!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP