Paper Maniac Thursday - Patriotic Cards!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hello!  It's Paper Maniac Thursday here on my blog.  Since Memorial Day is on Monday, our theme this week is patriotic cards.  At first I was stumped since I don't really have any supplies that I would consider patriotic.  A shame, I know.  Then I saw what the rest of the design team ladies created and was so inspired by what they used for their cards.

My card base is Blue Steel from Elan Metallics.  It has such a shimmer to it.  I love it!  The darker blue stars are Blue Jewel from Elan Metallics.   The glossy red stars are from Bindakote.  In short, my card is shiny and shimmery!!!  I added some silver pearls for interest and the ribbon was a happy accident.  I stumbled upon it looking for the pearls.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

{Thank You}
Stamps: Essential Messages (Hero Arts)
Card Stock: Blue Steel, Blue Jewel (Elan Metallics), Red Glossy (Bindakote)
Ink: Real Red (SU)
Accessories: Concentric Stars Die (Cuttlebug), Ribbon, Foam Dimensional, Silver Pearls (Michaels)
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

JenE May 28, 2010 at 3:32 PM  

very nice, very patriotic! just don't send it overseas to military personnel..too much shimmering!

Jenny Gropp June 3, 2010 at 7:27 AM  

Great Design, love the silver pearls in the and around the stars!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP