Happy Birthday, Friend...

Monday, May 17, 2010



Hello!  I need to make a card for my friend's birthday that is coming up next week.  I'm so thankful for my Birthday Calendar reminder in Facebook or else no one would be getting cards from me.  Anyway, I just wanted to sit down and dream up a fabulous card, but I couldn't get the Mojo Monday sketch out of my head.  I disregarded it when I saw it this morning since it had that one crooked panel, and you know I just can't deal with that.  So, I decided to make that panel straight.  I don't think I'll get arrested by the sketch police.

I'm trying to use up some older patterned paper to make room for new ones.  I absolutely love Indian Summer by Basic Grey.  Somehow it was pushed aside for bigger and better things.  This is an older collection but Paper Maniac still has 6 x 6 pads and coordinating embellies.

Here's a close up to show you all the lovely layers and dimension.
I hope you all have a great day!  My kids are off school tomorrow for election day here in KY.  So, I'm sleeping in and hope to have a card to share will you all in the afternoon.  Thanks for stopping by!!!


{Happy Birthday, Friend}
Stamps: Communique Sentiments, Friends 'Til the End (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Indian Summer (Basic Grey)
Ink: Pink Passion, Close to Cocoa (SU)
Accessories: Light Pink Rhinestones (Kaiser Craft), Labels 9 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Stampin' Sponge (SU), Raspberry Fizz Topnotch Twill (Papertrey Ink)
Bookmark and Share

13 comments:

The Other Patti Sue May 17, 2010 at 10:49 AM  

You can't get any prettier than this! Beautifully done!

Selene Kempton May 17, 2010 at 10:57 AM  

Super pretty!

Bonita Rose May 17, 2010 at 11:31 AM  

so gorgeous Dana! Love it!

Christine May 17, 2010 at 11:42 AM  

Beautiful card

www.boshobbyshop.nl May 17, 2010 at 2:30 PM  

nice 3d-effect :)

Anne May 17, 2010 at 8:05 PM  

Gorgeous card- love all the colors and the dimension is great!

Keva May 17, 2010 at 8:47 PM  

It's beautiful! I love the colors very much!

Michelle May 17, 2010 at 10:36 PM  

I really love this card! Great job!

Beccy May 18, 2010 at 2:46 AM  

Fantastic layering! What a great card, I'm sure you're friend will love it.

Cindy Coutts Designs May 18, 2010 at 10:23 AM  

Beautiful card Dana and congrats on all of your work in CARDS Magazine this month!

Jen Mitchell May 19, 2010 at 8:49 PM  

Love the colors. Fabulous card!

JenE May 20, 2010 at 1:40 PM  

love this card too! this paper is just gorgeous!!!

Sue Lelli May 21, 2010 at 1:35 PM  

Pretty card! LOVE the papers you used! Your friend will appreciate this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP