Mother's Day Recap...

Monday, May 10, 2010

Hello!  I hope all you Mom's had a great day yesterday.  I don't have a card today, but it did want to share a project that I made for my Mom for Mother's Day.  We went to my parent's house on Saturday to celebrate Mother's Day with my family.  I made my Mom a trio of silhouettes of her grandkids.  From left to right there is my nephew Gabriel, then Colin and Halle.  They are in 8 x 10 frames.  I toyed with the idea of making these in PhotoShop, but it was much easier to just do them by hand with good old paper and scissors .  If you all are interested, I would like to do a video tutorial of this.  Yes, you read that right, a VIDEO...

...which leads me to Sunday.  We planned on going out to dinner with my husband's family, but my little girl got sick.  I ended up staying home to take care of her.  She's still sick, heading to the doctor in a bit.  But, I was okay with missing dinner since my husband got me a pocket video camera for Mother's Day!!!  I played around with it while everyone was at dinner and Halle was passed out on the couch.



So, I'm still trying to figure it all out.  I think I have the camera part down, it's just the importing and editing I need to really figure out.  I didn't like the software it came with, so now I'm playing around with Window's Movie Maker.  So, hopefully sometime this week I'll be confident enough to post a video.  This gift was a total shocker.  I contemplated getting one at Christmas-time and decided against it because I didn't know how much I would use it.  I'm jumping in with both feet.

I also received some wonderful handmade items from my kids.  Halle made me 2 tiles to hang on the wall with her picture on them, a picture frame magnet, and a handmade card.  Colin decorated a pot of mums for me with a poem that had his footprints on it.  Sadly it was pretty windy here over the weekend and the pot broke into a hundred pieces.  Thankfully Colin wasn't upset since we were able to save the flowers.

We are off to the doctor's office to get Halle checked out.  I hear strep is going around =(

Hope you all are having a great day!!!


Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP