Our Holiday Card...

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hi there! I thought I would share my holiday card with you today since I think everyone has received theirs already. This card is simply a variation of this card that I made last month. I bought the Papertrey Ink set Signature Christmas specifically for this card. This card looks clean and simple, but when you are making 75 it's very time consuming. I would not recommend making a card that requires 3 die cuts per card (225 times through the cuttlebug). Not to forget the 225 snowflakes to punch and 225 cuts of floss.
I started by cutting/punching and gathering all my supplies. I made these in batches of 20 or so. This is what I did while watching football on Sundays the last 4 weeks. The ornaments are from the Labels 9 Nestie. I taped (scotch tape) the floss to the ornament and then adhered the ornament to the card with a foam dimensional. I put on the snowflakes using a dot of glue and then I applied the rhinestones.
Here's how the inside looks. I applied a line of snail adhesive then stuck the floss on the glue making sure the floss was straight on the front of the card. I then put a piece of scotch tape over everything so the card wouldn't stick together.


Blog Update: I will most likely be a little sporadic in posting over the next week. My husband will be on vacation so we'll be doing a lot of family stuff :) On another note, my "studio" moved downstairs with an actual desk where I can keep all my stuff out all the time. I asked for a bunch of organizational items for Christmas, so I may be spending some time organizing as well. I hope to have pictures of my new "studio" once we get some shelves up and the lighting figured out.

I hope you all have a wonderful and safe holiday!!! I'll definitely see you on Saturday for the next challenge from Our Creative Corner.

{Happy Holidays}

Stamps: Signature Christmas (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink), Cream
Ink: Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Snowflake Punch (Martha Stewart), Labels 9 Nesties (Spellbinders), Red Rhinestones (Kaiser Craft), Foam Dimensionals, Red Floss, Scotch Tape
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Unknown December 27, 2009 at 3:36 PM  

I JUST LOVE CARDS USING THE KRAFT PAPER AND YOUR RED SHOWS UP SO BEAUTIFULLY!

Steph Zerbe January 3, 2012 at 9:11 AM  

Another Holiday beauty! Clever use of a little label die cut!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP