OCC Challenge - 12 Days of Christmas Inspiration

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Hello there! Today is Saturday and that means a new challenge is up at Our Creative Corner. This week, Jenny Gropp challenged us to be inspired by the song, The 12 Days of Christmas. For this challenge, I took the line "...and a partridge in a pear tree" or more specifically, just the word "pear". I took out my Basic Grey Nook & Pantry Collection for the paper used on the card. The pears are on one side, and the green cross-hatch design is on the flip-side.
The words "simply the" are printed on my computer and then cut into individual letters. I've seen this done all over the place, but this is the first time I've tried it. It was very easy and a great way to say exactly what you want.


I hope you enjoy this week's challenge. Head on over to Our Creative Corner and see what parts of "The 12 Days of Christmas" the DT was inspired by. We would love you to play along! Have a great weekend everyone!!!


{Simple the Best}

Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Cream (SU)
Patterned Paper: Nook & Pantry (Basic Grey)
Accessories: Twill Tape (SU), Geneva Brads (Bazzill), Foam Dimensionals, Daiquiri Thickers (American Crafts), Computer & Printer, Edge Distresser (Heidi Swapp), Coluzzle
Bookmark and Share

10 comments:

Lori Rider December 5, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

Dana, this is lovely - your pear paper was perfect! I haven't done that trick of cutting letters apart much myself but you're right, it's a hot trend and it looks great. Love the big green letters on the twill, too!

LorettaL December 5, 2009 at 9:50 AM  

Dana, I have this paper and it didn't even occur to me for this challenge! Brilliant & Gorgeous!!!!

Silke Ledlow December 5, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

Beautiful card - GF!!! The DP and colors are smashing!!! Hugs ~S~

Joycelyn Pelkey December 5, 2009 at 11:32 AM  

What a great take on the inspiration pieced, Dana!!! This is FANTASTIC!!!

Wendy J. December 5, 2009 at 12:46 PM  

I love the pears! How perfect! Great job, Dana!

Jenny Gropp December 5, 2009 at 1:07 PM  

Nook and Pantry -- -perfect choice!!! It did not even occur to me!!!! Beautifully done -- I will have to try snipping the letters like that -- looks cool!!!

Melissa December 5, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

Hmmm...this is my favorite out of all your cards! What a great interpretation, and color combo! I love the lettering too!

Mrs B December 5, 2009 at 10:08 PM  

Oh, I love your card! The green color you chose is sooo uplifting!
CindyB

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie December 6, 2009 at 5:40 PM  

Very fresh twist on the challenge, Dana! It's so great to see the different ways of interpreting the challenge. Love that paper and the chunky letters look fabulous on the twill!

Jennifer Meyer December 7, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

Wonderful card Dana - your layout and design are beautiful! I LOVE the pretty paper and beauitful twill!

Have a fun week ~ Hugs, Jennifer :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP