A "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" Card...

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hey guys!  You all know how much I love taking photos of my cards outside.  I love the natural light and I usually don't have to edit them, besides cropping.  I especially love when our tire swing is in the background.  Go back and look, there are a ton of photos with our tire swing in them.  Anyway, I finally got tired of my cards blowing away/over and me freezing my tail off.   So, until Spring comes, I'll be taking photos inside.  I did this last year as well but have learned a lot since then.  These are the first photos I've taken with my new set-up.  They are still not where I would like them (see how the left side is darker-Ugh!), but they are good enough to share.

Okay, onto my card.  I recently ordered most of my supplies for this year's Christmas cards.  In addition to a new stamp set and card stock, I ordered the Spiral Notebook Page Die.  To make my notebook page look more realistic, I used some Basics Manila paper from Basic Grey that had a notebook design on it.

I will admit that these colors are not traditional Christmas colors.  The patterned paper comes from the Kaiser Craft paper pad 'Tis the Season. The newspaper has some holiday writing and pictures on it and the rust colored rectangle is the sheet music for "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" which is why I picked that particular sentiment to go on the notebook page.
This card sorta has an Old World, rustic feel to it.  I think I like it.

 Thanks so much for dropping by today!
{We Wish You a Merry Christmas}
Stamps: Signature Christmas (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Dark Brown, Chestnut Roan (Colorbox)
Accessories: Spiral Notebook Page Die (Papertrey Ink), Geneva Brads (Bazzill), Sheer Ribbon (Offray), Foam Dimesionals
Bookmark and Share 

1 comments:

Nicki October 7, 2010 at 7:19 AM  

Love, love, love the color scheme you went with for your holiday cards!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP