Our weekend...

Monday, October 11, 2010


Hello again!  Like I said earlier, we had a super busy weekend.  We celebrated Scott's birthday on Thursday night by going to Newport on the Levee for dinner and a movie.  We saw The Town, which was really good.  On Friday (Scott's actual birthday), the kids and I had lunch with him at his office, then the kids and spent the rest of the day preparing a birthday dinner (taco pie and brownie's with homemade caramel on top).  We watched the Cincinnati Red's lose their second playoff game.

On Saturday, Scott and I attended a fundraiser gala for the Cincinnati Youth Collaborative.  This was by far one of the fanciest events we've been to.  As a SAHM, I don't get many opportunities to get really dressed up.  The food was so good.  I wanted to take pictures of all of it, but I thought people would look at me like I was crazy.  They had a mini slider bar (mini hamburgers with a variety of toppings), Pad Thai (new to me, but I loved it), they also had another bar with things on skewers that we didn't get to try.  Of course, dessert was the best.  They had a fondue bar.  They had anything you could ever want to dip in chocolate (homemade marshmallows, rice crispy treats, strawberries, bananas, pretzels, oreos, etc.  YUM!  Oh, and we also had fun celebrating the successes of the students in the program.
(click on photo to enlarge)
Then, on Sunday we went to the Bengal's game with James and Jamon, two boys that Scott mentors (which is part of the Cincinnati Youth Collaborative).  We had a great time.  The Bengal's were winning or tied the majority of the game.  Then they lost in the last few minutes.  I went home after that, but Scott took the boy's home and then went to the Red's game.  They also lost, but we are still excited they made it to the playoffs.  I know Scott is going to be tired today!

I hope you all had a fun weekend too!  


Bookmark and Share 

1 comments:

Nicki October 12, 2010 at 5:41 PM  

That sounds and looks amazing. What a great way to support the community and have fun at the same time. Very awesome - so glad you had a good weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP