Recycling Bins

Monday, January 3, 2011


Hey guys!  I'm sure you all are trying to get back in the regular routine like me.  We had such a lovely break, it was hard sending everyone off this morning.  So, after a bumpy morning I finally got around to playing with my Silhouette SD machine by myself.  One of the reasons I wanted to get a Silhouette to badly was so I could jazz up our home a bit, although this first project was more about necessity.  

We have these two large trash cans next to our refrigerator for recycling.  We are a third one in a tall cupboard for trash.  Since these are sitting out, everyone always assumes they are for garbage.  Not anymore my friends!  
I purchased the "recycling image" from the Silhouette Store for 99 cents (everything is 99 cents) and I used a font that was already on my computer for all the words. 
I used the recycling image 4 times- 2 large and 2 small.  I inserted the numbers inside the small image to show which kinds of plastic our town will allow us to recycle.  
I did have to cut the "glass, paper, plastic" twice.  I pulled the vinyl off too quickly and it all got stuck together.  There's a learning curve to this, but I think it's a pretty small one.  

Now, what should I do next.  There are so many things I was to try.  Any suggestions?


Have a great day!


Bookmark and Share 

3 comments:

Donna Huisinga January 4, 2011 at 10:28 AM  

I think you did a fabulous job. I am interested why you chose the Silhouette over the Big shot, Vagabond, or the Calibur.

JenE January 4, 2011 at 10:34 AM  

great job and they are just too cute!

krafting kelly January 8, 2011 at 2:08 PM  

Great idea! You won't be disappointed with the Silhouette!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP