Custom Bookmarks!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Hey guys!  As promised I have some paper-crafting goodness to share with you today.  If you came here looking for stamping, I'll have some of that tomorrow for the newest OCC challenge.  


Okay, I am super proud of myself for jumping in head first into the Silhouette world.  I've been playing and researching quite a bit.  The software that comes with the Silhouette is amazing.  I promise I will do an entire post about this wonderful machine soon.  I just want to learn and practice a little more before I start showing you how to do things.  


So, I've started to read the Silhouette Blog and lo and behold they have tutorials!  Yippee!  I pretty much have the basics down, but I was ready to start figuring out everything the Silhouette is capable of doing.  I followed the most recent tutorial to make custom bookmarks.  I followed the steps exactly and here is Halle's bookmark:
It may look simple, but if you check out the tutorial there are a lot of steps.  Halle's bookmark took about 25 minutes to design and about 10 minutes to cut and put together.  It took so long to put together because there are three types of media being cut.  The pink base is card stock, the green is patterned paper, and the black is vinyl.  The flourish in vinyl is very delicate (meaning your have to peel everything slowly) and then I needed to use an x-acto knife to remove the vinyl from all the intricate little details.  


I was so pleased with Halle's bookmark, I decided to make one for Colin as well.  I wanted to create something more boy-ish in place of the flourish.  I could have went to the Silhouette Store and picked out something cute, but I decided to try my hand at making something myself from the images I already had.  


Anyway, here's Colin's bookmark:
Colin's bookmark came together really quickly since it was the second one.  Just like on Halle's, I used card stock, patterned paper, and vinyl.  I think they will love these!

I would love to know what you think about the Silhouette.  Do you have one?  Are you interested in seeing more projects using it?  


Have a great day!
{Bookmarks}
Card Stock: I'm a Princess Pink, Simply Blue-tiful (CSS)
Patterned Paper: Urban Prairie (Basic Grey)
Accessories: Black Vinyl (Silhouette), Silhouette Machine (Quick Cuts), Transfer Tape (Provo Craft)
Bookmark and Share 

6 comments:

JenE January 7, 2011 at 7:36 PM  

great bookmarks! i don't have a silohette but good luck learning all it can do! i have a cricut and just love it :)

Chatty Kathy~Palmetto Prims January 7, 2011 at 10:32 PM  

Love your bookmarks! Great job! I am having problems with the weld feature. Hopefully, I will get it figured out soon.

krafting kelly January 8, 2011 at 2:03 PM  

I love how your bookmarks turned out. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Silhouette. I've been using it for about two years, and the new software is amazing. Hope you have fun with it!

Ryann January 9, 2011 at 11:07 AM  

These bookmarks are fabulous! I love how they are so different from anything out there.

Donna Huisinga January 15, 2011 at 6:03 PM  

I think you're doing great with your new toy. Look forward to seeing what else you come up with.

Excell Print May 23, 2011 at 12:01 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP