An {I'm So Grateful For You} Card...

Monday, January 17, 2011

Hey guys!  Hope you all had a great weekend.  We celebrated my son's birthday over the weekend and unfortunately my daughter had a stomach virus and had to miss the whole party.  Good news though, she is fit as a fiddle today.  


For my card today I used a product I purchased at Michaels on Friday.  It's called Enamel Accents and it allows you to make your own pearls.  I love all the flourishes I've seen on cards recently with rhinestones or pearls, but I'm not willing to pay $2.99 a pop.  The pack I bought came with a bottle of each white and black for $5.99 and I used a 40% off coupon.  That's about $1.80 per bottle!  I was actually looking for Liquid Pearls, but my Michaels didn't have it.  I believe those look even more like pearls.


I have a swirl template from Bazzill that I used on my card.  I simply placed the swirl where I wanted it and used a marker to mark all the places to put a pearl.  After I finished applying the pearls, I thought they were spaced too far apart and you would barely tell it was a flourish, so I placed an additional pearl between all the pearls.  
There's a bit of a learning curve to making these pearls.  I love how the ones on the sentiment are perfectly rounded.  The ones on the flourish are sort of flat.   If you guessed I did the sentiment last, you'd be correct!

This is also the first card I photographed in my new lightbox.  I know I mentioned that I made my own lightbox, but the didn't work out so well.  I came across a great deal online and snapped it up.  So far, so good.  

Have a great day!

{I'm So Grateful for You}
Stamps: Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Patterned Paper: Origins (Basic Grey)
Ink: Espresso Your Style (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Accessories: Enamel Accents (Ranger), Swirl Template (Bazzill), Stamping Sponge, Foam Dimensionals

3 comments:

krafting kelly January 17, 2011 at 11:51 PM  

Those pearls are great. I didn't even know there was a product like that out there. Thanks for the info!

Patty Chalas January 18, 2011 at 11:52 AM  

Dana those pearls are very sweet!!
I've always wanted to try that... how about your lightbox, where did you get it?
I'm planning on making mine... not sure thought!! LOL

Unknown January 18, 2011 at 1:34 PM  

Hi Patty! I bought my light box through www.froobi.com for $34.99. I think this may be a close-out site. Anyway, it included two lights and the light box folds up into a carrying case. I really like it so far.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP