One More {Birthday} Card...

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hey friends!!!  Before I get to my card, I just wanted to share with you a little about my day.  So, I donated blood for the first time back in May.  The process went as planned, but I failed to read the list of things you should and shouldn't do afterwards.  I went right home and started to be a mom again, making dinner, checking homework, cleaning the house.  Within about half an hour of getting home I was sweaty, dizzy and puking.  My husband had to finish cooking dinner because I was either puking or laying down with my feet up.  It took about two hours to feel somewhat back to normal.

It's been over three months and not feeling discouraged about my prior experience, I scheduled an appointment for today to donate blood again.  I remembered how horrible I felt afterwards so I really planned my day so I could just lay down and only have this blog post to write and then I would just take it easy and watch tv until it was time to pick up the kids from school.  I made this card first thing this morning, photographed and edited it and also got down to business on a little project you'll see in a few days.  I even started dinner in the crock pot and straightened up the house a bit so I wouldn't have to worry about it later.

Well, I went to donate blood and my iron level was 1 point too low!  Darn it.  I was so disappointed because this is something that is really important to me and I'm glad I can contribute to society in this manner.  This might be TMI for some of you, but the phlebotomist said that she was sure it was because it was my special time of the month.  Well, I'll know better next time.  So, my afternoon is wide open now.  What to do, what to do?

Okay, enough about me....
I love this card.  I probably love it so much because I love the card it's based on.  Usually when I CASE a card, I try to change as much as I can to make it my own, but I just loved the original card so much, I didn't want to change too much.  The color combo of gray/blue/orange came from this outfit I found on Pinterest.
Since I don't have gray ink, I used black and stamped it on some scratch paper and then on the card (this technique as also called Stamping Off).

I hope you are all enjoying your day.  I'll be sure to report back next time I donate blood, probably it two weeks.  Thanks so stopping by!!!

{Birthday Wishes}
Stamps: Trinket Sentiments, Shapes: Hearts (Clear & Simple Stamps), Mehndi Medallion (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Such a Gray-cious Host, True Blue Fan (CSS)
Ink: Orange You Fabulous, Perfect Little Black Dress (CSS), Vintage Cream (PTI)
Dies: Tags 2, Shapes: Hearts (CSS) 
Accessories: Orange Floss, Glue Dots, Foam Dots

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP