A {Hello Friend} Card...

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hey there!!!  It was so nice to sit and craft this morning in my little craft studio with a big mug of coffee, that is until the utility tub overflowed!  Thankfully our laundry area is right by my craft area so I heard it as soon as it happened.  Something was clogged in the drain where the water that the washer uses is drained.  Minimal clean-up!

So, there is another great post from CSS's Style Watch this week all about One Layer Cards.   To me, one layer cards usually mean masking.  That's just what I did here with the heart.  I die cut the heart on a post-it note, placed it on the card stock and then stamped the woodgrain over it.  Easy peasy!
I knew my kids made a gigantic mess in my craft area over the weekend.  They even got out my dies *cringe*.  At least they know what paper is off limits.  So, they cleaned up their mess yesterday and this is what I found when I went to craft this morning.  I love that my kids are so creative.
And yes, that is Ellen on my iPad.  I'm about a week behind and trying to play catch-up today.  Watching shows on my iPad while I craft is one of my favorite things to do.  

Things have been really busy around here, but good busy.  I got the iPhone5 on Friday and I'm totally in love with it!  I've never had an iPhone before and I'm in heaven.  The photos today were all taken with the iPhone since it has such a nice camera.  We'll see if it's better than my regular point-and-shoot camera.  

Have a great day!

{Hello Friend}
Stamps: Tweet Notes, Tag Lines, Background Basics 1, Shapes: Hearts (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar (CSS)
Ink: Dish All the Dirt Brown, Green With Envy, Dare to Be a Diva Red (CSS)
Dies: Shapes: Hearts (CSS) (used as a mask)
Accessories: Red/Green/White Twine (CSS)

3 comments:

Audrey September 25, 2012 at 1:39 PM  

I love this! What a great one layer card! :)

Steph Zerbe September 26, 2012 at 6:23 AM  

Awesome masking!! Love this cutie! Nice laundry room save, too. I wonder what the big house is for....

Laurie October 2, 2012 at 10:21 AM  

I am totally digging this card! I adore that woodgrain! I love watching Ellen too! She cracks me up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP