A {Happy St. Patty's Day} Card...

Friday, March 16, 2012


Wow, I didn't think it would take so long to make this simple card.  I've been playing in Silhouette Studio all morning trying to figure out how to make this card.  I couldn't figure out how to connect the shamrocks to the card so it wouldn't cut out separately, make sense?  Anyway, it was really easy once I figured it out.    I just need to use my Silhouette more often so I'm not rusty when I do use it.

The sentiment "st. patty's day" comes from the CSS set Lucky Charm.  The "Happy" that comes with that set was written in a really fine/skinny font and I just knew it wouldn't show up with white ink.  I choose another "happy" from the CSS set A Guy Thing and it also kept with the whole lowercase thing.
So this is one of my favorite color combos.  CSS's Glamazon Green is my absolute favorite color and I think it looks so good paired with Green With Envy, and so appropriate for St. Patrick's Day.

Exercise Update: I finished the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred!!! I finished on March 13th, I worked out 30 days in a row!  Most days I also did the elliptical for a half hour afterwards.  I didn't lose any weight, which was both disappointing and frustrating, but I did go down a pants size and my shirts fit better.  I wish I would have taken my measurements before I started because I know I lost inches.  For once I finally feel that my core is strong and my sides are not flabby.  I'm also a lot more confident in what my body can do.  Those workouts are HARD, but if you stick with it, your body will respond and you'll be able to keep up.  Level 3 is where you see the best results.  That's when my pants were so baggy that I needed to buy a new pair.  That's a nice problem to have.  Here's a link to the video if any of you are interested: DVD and Instant Download.  You do each level for 10 days, even if you don't think you're ready to move up.  Each workout is about 22 minutes.


Have a great day!

{Happy St. Patty's Day}
Stamps: Lucky Charm, A Guy Thing (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Glamazon Green, Green With Envy (CSS)
Ink: Vintage Cream (PTI)
Accessories: Silhouette, Clover Ribbon/Border (Silhouette Image), Foam Dots 

1 comments:

Nicki March 16, 2012 at 2:25 PM  

LOVE this - great modern CAS card for St. Patty's Day - fabulous :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP