Papertrey Ink: March 2011 Blog Hop

Friday, March 25, 2011

Hello!  Here's my card for this month's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop.  I'm so glad that they now have their blog hops all day long.  I always forget about it until it's too late.  This way I was able to make a card the day of and play along.  This month's challenge was to use embroidery floss on your card in a new way.  I use embroidery floss all the time on my cards, but I wanted to do something different.  This idea actually came to me while I was running on treadmill this afternoon (4 miles, go me!).  

I pulled the colors for the thread and ink from the patterned paper.  To create the "stars" I punched circles in three different sizes.  I used a pencil to first draw a "t" and then an "x" across the circles.  I laid them out on my card and used a paper piercer to pierce the center of the circle and then just outside the lines I created with the pencils.  I removed the circle templates and threaded the floss.  Easy peasy!
I added clear gems for a little added sparkle.  


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I can's wait to start hopping and see everyone's creations with floss. Have a great weekend!!!


Have a great day!

{Girly, You Rock}
Stamps: Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Gertie (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Green With Envy (CSS)
Accessories: Stamping Sponge, Embroidery Floss, Foam Dimensionals, Clear Rhinestones, Paper Piercer 

15 comments:

Wendy ten Hove March 25, 2011 at 4:48 PM  

Gorgeous! Love the colors and the background paper and the bling accents you added, so pretty!!!
Hugs, Wendy

Renee March 25, 2011 at 6:26 PM  

Very cute!
Love that background paper!
Your colors are fabulous!

Jen Carter March 25, 2011 at 6:58 PM  

I LOVE this!! So cute and clever!! I am going to have to give this a try to! So cute!!

Kelly S. March 25, 2011 at 7:59 PM  

Awww, that's adorable! Love the idea of creating little starbusts...so fun with your dp and that sentiment, Dana!

beckynoelle March 25, 2011 at 8:02 PM  

so pretty! i love those cheerful little bursts of color!

Unknown March 25, 2011 at 8:47 PM  

Four miles, yes, way to go! I have a lot of friends who say they're the best thing! And this is so pretty, like the use of the patterned paper for your color inspiration!

Stacy's Paper Crafts March 25, 2011 at 9:19 PM  

Love those star burst, pretty paper too!

Monica K. March 25, 2011 at 9:23 PM  

Very pretty! Love the stars!

Tigriswillreign March 25, 2011 at 10:07 PM  

So fun! I especially love that patterned paper!

Shobana March 25, 2011 at 10:49 PM  

Super card!

Mary Duffek March 25, 2011 at 11:10 PM  

Super fun and creative...wonderful job!

Cristina March 26, 2011 at 9:17 AM  

This is fabulous, Dana! And thanks for the instructions. :)

Inkyfingers March 26, 2011 at 1:40 PM  

This is so pretty Dana. Great job.

nancy March 30, 2011 at 2:39 AM  

This is a fun card, Dana. The colorful stars work great with the sentiment. Can you believe that I'm still making the rounds of the blog hop?!

Carol's Ink Spot March 30, 2011 at 8:28 PM  

Cute card! Like the stitching and how you pulled the colors from the PP to match it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP