A {Dude, You Rock} Card...

Thursday, March 10, 2011

This past weekend we celebrated my brother's birthday.  I didn't make a card specifically for him, I just assumed I'd have an appropriate card in my stash.  Well, I quickly discovered that I don't have any cards for guys.  I ended up giving my brother a card that had hearts on it, HEARTS!  I wasn't there when he opened it, so I don't know if the hearts bothered him at all.  Hopefully the cash that was inside distracted him.  


So, today I made a card any guy would be happy to receive.  No flowers, no bows, no ruffles, no frills.  Plaid and flannel are really popular right now so when I saw the plaid patterned paper, I knew it would be perfect.
I added black enamel accents where the blue stripes intersect.  I really like the added interest, plus I added them to the sentiment panel and well.  I used a SU Mat Pack so I would have perfect spacing.  I distressed the edges of the kraft layer to give the card a little bit of a rustic feel.  My stash would be in good shape if I made about 15 more of these!


Thanks for taking the time to drop today.  Have a great day!

{Dude, You Rock}
Stamps: Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft, Spring Moss (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Marjolaine (Basic Grey)
Ink: Brown Leather Satchel (CSS)
Accessories: Black Enamel Accents (Ranger), Corner Rounder Punch, Foam Dimensionals, Edge Distresser

3 comments:

Jill Norwood March 10, 2011 at 6:05 PM  

Very handsome card! Love the colors you used and the enamel accents make it rock! :)

Kelly S. March 11, 2011 at 9:15 PM  

A most excellent guy card! Love the sentiment with that snazzy plaid!

JenE March 12, 2011 at 1:46 PM  

Love your card! Great pp for a guy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP