Teacher Gifts, Crayon Initials

Wednesday, December 22, 2010


Hello!  I can finally share the gifts I made for my kids to give to their teachers.  I stumbled upon the Frugal Life Project over the summer and immediately bookmarked this post for future reference.  

I had some old framed pictures from when I was going through a French Country phase (yes, can you believe that?).  These frames were white and had a floral tea cup filled with flowers.  I spray painted the frames black and left the mat alone.  The only thing I had to buy for this project were two boxes of crayons (but you can use old ones too).  

I pretty much followed Carol's instructions except I used a low temp hot glue gun to adhere the crayons.  The wax didn't melt at all.  
I really like how this turned out, but if I were to do it again I would make sure the "G" I printed behind the crayons was a fainter grey.  I was not about to waste another piece of my PTI card stock, LOL.  That is bothering me a bit, but not enough to start over.  

Luckily for me both of Halle & Colin's teachers last names begin with a G.  So, here's both of the frames.  
Hope you enjoyed today's project.  It was quick, easy and painless once I stopped worrying about it and actually did it.  My mind is my own worst enemy sometimes.  

My hubby is officially on vacation and he gets the pleasure of accompanying me to our kid's holiday parties.  I'm sure he's delighted!  Things have been getting done around here.  The latest excitement is a new dishwasher.  Finally, a dishwasher that washes dishes.  What a concept!

Have a great day everyone!


Bookmark and Share 

9 comments:

The Ossege Family December 22, 2010 at 10:15 AM  

I LOVE how they turned out! I am planning to do this for an end of year gift for the girls' teachers.

They look amazing!!!

Nicki December 22, 2010 at 11:08 AM  

These are just the cutest. I love the crayon art :) Such a perfect teacher gift!

Cassandra December 22, 2010 at 11:13 AM  

These are wonderful! I would love to hang this in my classroom!

Basement Stamper December 22, 2010 at 1:03 PM  

Wow, those are fantastic gifts,t hey turned out perfect. I bet the teacher's loved them!

Sheila Bennett December 23, 2010 at 9:06 AM  

What a cute - and very original - idea. Perfect gift for a teacher.

JenE December 23, 2010 at 9:29 AM  

Oh my goodness...this is sooo adorable!!! I'm making them for end of year gifts for the teachers! It's just too cute!

Betty Meyskens December 23, 2010 at 10:09 AM  

I am going to make one of these for my daughter-in-law who is a Grade 1 teacher. What a really cool idea!

Jenny Gropp January 3, 2011 at 11:16 PM  

SO neat and darling! I bet they LOVED them!!!!

Melissa Galban January 24, 2011 at 2:18 PM  

I saw this too and I plan on making them for my sons teachers. They came out great! what a great project to make. thanks for sharing

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP