OCC Challenge - Embossed with Color

Saturday, December 18, 2010


Hello!  I have a fun challenge from Our Creative Corner to share with you today.  The challenge is to make a card adding color and depth to your dry embossing.  You can do this any number of ways, but the way I chose was to add ink to my embossing folder.  

I chose to use a light green card stock and a darker green ink.  This was not the result I was expecting, but I really love it!  I simply rubbed my ink pad over the non-raised side of my embossing folder before I embossed it.  What you are left with is ink everywhere on the card stock except the raised areas.  I thought that the dark green ink would show up a lot darker but it really just settled into the impression lines.  It really adds a lot more depth than just regular embossing.  Those birds and swirls are just jumping off the page!
This challenge really reminds me of the reason behind doing challenges.  It's to try new things and stretch your creativity.   I would love to see what you create with this challenge.  I know it's a super busy time of year, but take a little time for yourself.  You won't regret it.  Make sure you check out all the creations at Our Creative Corner.

Best wishes to everyone trying to get it all done this weekend, like me!  I have the majority of my shopping completed, but there are so many little things that need to be finished.  Hang in there!
{Congrats}
Stamps: Communique Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Spring Moss, Raspberry Fizz, Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Old Olive (SU)
Accessories: Latte Pearl (Kaiser Craft), Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart), Foam Dimensionals, Birds & Swirls Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Edge Distresser
Bookmark and Share 

4 comments:

Wendy J. December 18, 2010 at 10:39 AM  

This is beautiful, Dana! I am definitely going to try that technique. It adds a wonderful dimension to the card. I always love the simplicity of your cards. They're never "too much"...always "just right".

Sarah Gough December 18, 2010 at 5:20 PM  

oh, I like how it outlined the embossed parts too - so cool!

Sheila Bennett December 19, 2010 at 3:44 AM  

Very pretty card. The subtle darker green highlights the embossed image very well.

JenE December 19, 2010 at 8:59 AM  

Oh my goodness...I love it! I'll have to try it someday! Like you, still super busy. My shopping is complete but I have lots of gifts to make and wrap everything!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP