CSS Group Project!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012


Today is National Red Roses Day so it's appropriate we are using red flowers for out focal image for this month's Clear & Simple Stamps group project.
I used stamps from All Occasions 2 for my card.  I stamped the vase first and then the flowers using Green With Envy ink.  I stamped the flowers again on Dare to Be a Diva Red card stock using black ink and then I cut out each flower individually and paper pieced them onto the card.
Check out the curves along the bottom of the main panel.  I used the Party Favor 2 lid die to create the edged look.  It was a little tricky, but the one thing you need to remember is that the panel needs to be slightly narrower than the lid edge.  You will be left with a crease where the lid would fold, but I covered that up with a sentiment panel.  The sentiment panel bows, I just stacked two foam dots under it in the center and then just 1 on each side.


Be sure to check out all of the Rosie Red creations from the Design Team:




Have a great day!

{Thinking of You}
Stamps: All Occasions 2 (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: A Blanc Check, Dare to Be a Diva Red (CSS)
Ink: Perfect Little Black Dress, Brown Leather Satchel, Green With Envy (CSS)
Dies: Party Favor 2 (CSS) 
Accessories: Foam Dots, Corner Rounder Punch 

4 comments:

Steph Zerbe June 12, 2012 at 8:36 AM  

Clever edging! Great layout too!

Basement Stamper June 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM  

beautiful card and I love the little banner you created.

whoistracy June 12, 2012 at 12:45 PM  

Oh Dana this is gorgeous! I love the little wrap you did around the main panel.

Lori June 12, 2012 at 10:52 PM  

Dana, this is beautiful! Love your creative use of the box die's lid for a fancy edge. And, I'm so impressed with all those tiny, cut out flowers, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP