Stamp Indexing

Monday, February 25, 2008

I know, sounds boring. I spent Saturday night labeling and indexing all my stamp sets. First, I used my label maker to label the sides of all my stamp sets along with the # of stamps inside. Stampin Up! stamp sets come with labels, but they are hard to read in dark places like my cabinet. These white labels with large black print work perfectly.
Since I've been stamping and scrapping on a daily basis, I've realized that I waste a lot of time looking for the right stamp, not remembering what I have and if it's the right size. I decided that it would be nice to see all my stamps at a glance without pulling them all out one at a time. I labeled a 4x6 index card with the stamp set title, and then stamped each image of the set on the card in basic black. That way I can sort through a stack of index cards instead of stamp sets. Once I find the stamp I want, I can easily locate it in my neatly labeled cabinet. I am planning on buying a cheap album to put all the cards in so I will be less likely to lose one. In the future, I will simply make a copy of the sticker sheet before adhering them to the wooden blocks.
I have taken a peak at todays Technique Lover's Challenge on Splitcoast and I can't wait to play. I'll be back later today to post what I've made. Thanks!

1 comments:

Kerilou February 27, 2008 at 7:30 AM  

I add stickers to the ends of my boxes, also. Those clear stickers are hard to see! Kerilou

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP