CSS Group Project: Shades of Mardi Gras...

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Hey there!  Today the Clear & Simple Stamps Design Team and I are sharing projects made using the shades of Mardi Gras, which is purple, yellow, green, and gold.  This was totally an intimidating color combination.  But, I was up for the challenge.  The card you see here was actually my second attempt, the first one was horrid, trust me.  

I created my own sort of patterned paper by cutting yellow, green and cream strips of card stock and then gluing them down on another piece of card stock on a diagonal.  I then stamped the arrows from Air Mail in purple.  
I used alphabet dies (Uppercase & Lowercase) for the sentiment.  I used the negative space on my card.  I don't have any gold/metallic paper (yet!), so I cut a small rectangle of card stock, covered the entire front with From An Anonymous Source watermark ink and then sprinkled gold embossing powder on it, which I heat embossed.  

Make sure you check out all the Mardi Gras fun from the design team!!!



Have a great day!
{Hi!}
Stamps: Air Mail (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Cre'me de la Cream, Purplicious, Say Yellow to All Your Fans, Glamazon Green (CSS)
Ink: Purplicious, From an Anonymous Source (CSS)
Dies: Uppercase Alpha, Lowercase Alpha (CSS) 
Accessories: Gold Embossing Powder, Foam Dots

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP