CSS Party Hop!!!

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Happy Weekend!!!  I have such a fun project to share with you today.  We are literally having a PARTY HOP!  Each design team member has a party ensemble to share today.  How fun?!!

I used the new set Comic Bursts to create party invitations and cupcake toppers that would be perfect for a child's party.
I started with an A Blanc Check card base.  I used the background stamp Comic Book, stamped it using Dare to Be a Diva Red ink on a piece of A Blanc Check and trimmed it into a thick strip and then matted it on Dare to Be a Diva Red card stock with the edges distressed.  I die cut the Bursts shapes in sizes that can be stacked (A Blanc Check stacked on Your Style Blue Me Away card stock).   The bursts were stamped with a super fun super hero word using Perfect Little Black Dress ink.
Since this is an invitation, I needed to include all the party information.  I have a few invitation sets I could use, but I thought the style of Party Elements: Baby kept with the feel of the ensemble, and there's nothing babyish about it.  I carried over the colors from the front of the card to the inside of the card.
When I was die cutting Bursts shapes for the front of my card, I cut some extra to adhere to toothpicks to stick in my cupcakes.  




Have a great weekend!

{It's a Super Hero Party}
Stamps: Comic Book, Comic Bursts, Party Elements: Baby (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: A Blanc Check, Dare to Be a Diva Red, You're Style Blue Me Away (CSS)
Ink: Dare to Be a Diva Red, You're Style Blue Me Away, Perfect Little Black Dress (CSS)
Dies: Bursts (CSS) 
Accessories: Edge Distresser, Toothpicks

2 comments:

whoistracy November 10, 2012 at 7:44 PM  

Fun!! Love the bright colors and that spiderman himself even made an appearance.

Lori November 10, 2012 at 11:18 PM  

How fun, Dana! Love the Bursts dies as cupcake toppers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP