Oh, Happy Day!

Friday, July 17, 2009

I love this card!!! I saw this technique in the new Stampin' Up Catalog and I just had to try it. I'm going to call this technique "faux tufted buttons". Hope that makes sense. Here is a picture of a tufted couch. Pretty cool, huh? Anyway, the scoring was a bit difficult, but I finally figured it out after the third try.



I forgot to mention that this card was made using Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge. I didn't have any dark red paper or ink, so I decided to print my own sentiment on the computer in a burgandy color.


Here is a close up of the sentiment. I used a Curly Label Punch popped up on foam dimensionals. The leaf was stamped on cream paper with Certainly Celery Ink and then sponged with the ink as well. The edges of the sentiment panel are sponged in Pink Passion.

I love those pearls. The perfect accent!
Have a wonderful weekend!!!


{Oh, Happy Day}

Stamps: Friends til the end (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Spring Moss, Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey Ink), Cream (SU)
Ink: Pink Passion, Certainly Celery (SU)
Accessories: Paper Trimmer w/ Scoring Blade, Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart), Curly Lable Punch (SU), 1/4" Circle Punch (SU), Latte Pearls (Kaiser Craft), Stampin' Sponge (SU), Foam Dimensionals, Mono Aqua Liquid Glue (Tombow)

Bookmark and Share

13 comments:

Andrea July 17, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

Cute idea. I love your "tufted buttons".

Terri Trotter Earley July 17, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

I am going to try the "tufted buttons" right away! What a faublous background. Great job with this fun color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Kristina July 17, 2009 at 6:21 PM  

What a fun background! I saw that in the catty and wondered what it would look like in real life... Now I have my answer! Such a great, simple card.

Susan July 17, 2009 at 10:15 PM  

So pretty! I'm going to have to "borrow" the tufting idea.

Kelli July 18, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

Very Nice and catchey to the eye.

Maybe you could post a tutorial here? Looks like you used the Scor-Pal and did a bit of punching. Very nice. Thanks for sharing!

Scrapping Julie July 18, 2009 at 7:30 PM  

very pretty love the scoring

NancyS July 19, 2009 at 12:27 PM  

The tufted buttons and scoring are wonderful...what an inspired idea! Couldn't you just also see this done in a red vinyl look?!

Love this card, and love that you created your own sentiment. What font did you use? I really like it. TFS.

Sue Lelli July 20, 2009 at 2:41 PM  

All I can say is WOW! I LOVE the idea and how it turned out! I LOVE how you made the tufting your focal point and the butterfly and sentiments your POP. I may be scraplifting your idea!

PurpleD July 21, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

WOW, stunning! The effect of scoring is awesome!

Winter July 21, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

What a cool technique! So pretty!

Karen July 21, 2009 at 8:37 PM  

What a great look! Love the texture and those three different sized pearls on your butterfly!! :>

Janelle July 21, 2009 at 8:50 PM  

How cool is that! Love how your "tufted buttons" look and the curly label punch with the sentiment, leaf, and butterfly in the corner is perfect. Great card!

Banu July 22, 2009 at 4:32 PM  

This is beautiful. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP