A {So Sweet of You} Card...

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hello!  Well, I wasn't planning on making another card for PTI's Make-It-Monday Challenge, but I just couldn't get the idea of this card out of my head.  Like the card I posted on Monday, this card uses reverse masking.  I used the largest Labels 9 Spellbinder die to create a template (or stencil) with printer paper.  Once the I had the template in place, I stamped the text background in red and then sponged red around edges, lighter toward the center.
I picked up some new rhinestones at Micheal's the other day.  These are iridescent, which is a little hard to see in the photo. I love that they'll go with any card.  So fun!

Have a great day!

{So Sweet of You}
Stamps: Signature Greetings, Text Style (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft, Pure Poppy (PTI)
Ink: Dare to Be a Diva Red (CSS), Vintage Cream (PTI)
Accessories: Rhinestones (Michaels), Labels 9 Nesties (Spellbinders), Baker's Twine

1 comments:

Cyndie June 23, 2011 at 3:34 PM  

Wow! I love both of your cards--you have really mastered the reverse masking technique! That text works perfectly as a background within the mask, and I love the lacy interior of the heart on your other card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP