OCC Challenge - An Attitude of Gratitude

Saturday, November 6, 2010


Hello!  For my card today I'm combining two challenges.  For this week's Our Creative Corner challenge, our November hostess, Linda chose the theme of gratitude.  We are creating cards/projects that depict something that you are grateful for.  It does not need to be a Thanksgiving or a Thank You card.

One of the many things I'm grateful for is my marriage, so I made a wedding card.  I remember when we got off the plane from our honeymoon, rolling our carry-on luggage through the airport.  I can remember saying to my husband, "are you ready to live happily ever after?"  I can tell you it hasn't been pure bliss.  Marriage is hard and raising two kids is hard, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.  My husband is my rock, but he's also my soft place to fall.  I don't know what I would do without him.  So anyway, that's what I'm grateful for.    

My card actually uses three stamp sets from Papertrey Ink.  The sentiment is from Everyday Classics, the leaves and flowers are from Baby Button Bits but I covered two of the flowers with blossoms from Blooming Button Bits.  
I've been working on a light box for my studio since it's been getting so cold and windy here.  I've almost got all the kinks worked out - almost!  The photo above and the one below are from my light box.
I recently bought a Martha Stewart Scoring Board (at Michaels with my 40% off coupon).  This is the first card I've used it on.  It's super easy to make those scored lines you see at the bottom of my card.  My daughter has been having a ball playing with.  I can't wait to try more things with it.

My card is also for the CASE Study Challenge which Paper Maniac is sponsoring this week.  The challenge is to CASE a card by the super talented Heather Pulvirenti.  Her card is gorgeous!  

Make sure you check out all the design team samples at Our Creative Corner.  Make some time to get crafty this week and join in the fun.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Enjoy your weekend!!!
{Happily Ever After}
Stamps: Baby Button Bits, Everyday Classics, Blooming Button Bits (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Ripe Avocado, Vintage Cream, Lemon Tart (Papertrey Ink) 
Ink: Dark Peony (Colorbox), Perfect Little Black Dress (CSS)
Accessories: Sheer Navy Ribbon (Offray), Yellow Satin Ribbon (Offray), Markers, Corner Rounder Punch, Glue Dots, Buttons, Pearls (Michaels), Scoring Board (Martha Stewart)
Bookmark and Share 

9 comments:

Nicki November 6, 2010 at 7:22 AM  

So very pretty. The button accents are nice, the detail on the light blue on is gorgeous!You will love your scoring board :)

Heather P. November 6, 2010 at 3:19 PM  

Oh wow, Dana! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!

Sarah Gough November 6, 2010 at 9:14 PM  

This is really gorgeous Dana, I love the colours - you rocked it!

Andrea Ewen November 6, 2010 at 9:21 PM  

Gorgeous Dana! Love the vibrant colors, those gorgeous flowers and the delicate pearls adorning the sentiment. An all around lovely card. Glad you played along with us at CASE Study!

Laurie November 7, 2010 at 3:42 PM  

Dana this is really pretty! I love all the different flowers! Gorgeous!!

Sue Kohler November 8, 2010 at 5:47 AM  

This is STUNNING Dana! the clean lines, the colours and the beautiful flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE study! :)

JenE November 9, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

love it! so pretty...great flowers and flowers!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie November 10, 2010 at 3:02 PM  

Your card this week is absolutely stunning, Dana!! The colors, the flowers, the pearls - all totally wonderful. And I love how you used the gratitude theme to honor your marriage. Thanks for embracing the challenge in such a lovely way!

Hugs,
Linda

lostinpaper November 10, 2010 at 4:24 PM  

Such a beautiful card, I'm just loving those buttoned bright flowers! Congrats on your win at CASE Study.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP